Why is there still a social/moral stigma about CBD oil?




First of all, What is CBD oil? What is all the hype about?


CBD oil otherwise known as Cannabidiol oil is naturally found in hemp plants. It is the molecular property of the plant that has many health and wellness capabilities. It promotes medical benefits without any of the psychoactive or "buzz" effects many other drugs produce. 
The benefits can range from:
Anxiety and Stress relief
Benefits Sleep Longevity
Can Soothe Tremors and Improve Fine Motor Skills
Helps Control Epileptic Seizures
Treats PTSD
Eases Aches and Pain
Can Help Reduce Acne
Can Benefit Rheumatoid arthritis
Reduces Inflamation
ETC. The list can go on.

So what is the fuss about? 

Let's talk legally. 
In 2018 the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) released this statement: 
"Products and materials that are made from the cannabis plant and which fall outside the CSA definition of marijuana are not controlled under the CSA. Such products may accordingly be sold and otherwise distributed throughout the United States without restriction under the CSA or its implementing regulations. The mere presence of cannabinoids is not itself dispositive as to whether a substance is within the scope of the CSA;"

Federally, all CBD products that are not on the Controlled Substance Act list may be allowed for sale. Here at Patchouli Garden, we did get that verification from the DATCP (Dept of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection) that our product met those guidelines.

Also, in Wisconsin the legal limit of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol- the chemical compound found in CBD that causes a euphoric high) is 0.3%. At patchouli garden, we offer 3 kinds of CBD oil: our 100mg 2oz bottle from Regalabs has only 0.0002%. The 500mg Platinum CBD only has 0.003% and then our other brand is completely THC free! 

So still what is the fuss? Why is there a stigma?

I believe it is just a lack of understanding and information. CBD oil is just now becoming more studied and more looked into. 
The name Cannabis (AKA Marijuana) for years has been known as a gateway drug. Although medically it has so many benefits, the psychoactive properties out-weighed many of those benefits. Luckily though, science has offered us a way to now benefit from all of those medical advantages without the effect of intoxication. 
Society needs to start looking at CBD oil as a health supplement. 

(Tara) Speaking personally, I'm a pastor's daughter and have grown up in a pentocostal church my whole life. I believe in God and strive to live a very christian life. I'll admit when I first heard of CBD, I was skeptical. I had absolutely no knowledge of the product but was very skeptical. Only because of the name... I heard that word Cannabis and thought "Oh No! Marijuana!" LOL! But I learned and I did my own research. I listened to stories of people who use it and how it benefits and improves their quality of life. I now use the product regularly to help with my migraines. I tell you what, I'd rather take this then all the Ibrophen I used to regularly take! And it works! I get no "buzz" what-so-ever!


The stories I have heard through out these last few months from customers who have used CBD oil have been so encouraging and uplifting! 

So do your own research, there are many online forums and information! You could also give us a call and we can share with you all we know! Talk to your doctor even! And if you think CBD could benefit you then give it a try! 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Oils- How to Help Ward Off Cold and Flu Bugs.

Our 2018 Fall Season Picks!

The Patchouli Team